Montag, 28. Februar 2011

LEX DE KALHEX - PERFECT PICTURE 2LP - LTD

The forthcoming Akromegalie Records release Perfect Picture by Lex de Kalhex is one of those releases none of you out there, that likes well elaborated jazz based Hip Hop instrumenals in a mid 90ties Godfather Don, Pete Rock tradition should miss. Very nice beats combined with very well selected and compared to Damu the Fudgemunk’s “Supply for Demand” rather unknown samples come in a limited run of 300 records. A good combination as Positive K would say. After having dozens of conversations with Lex on hip hop, art and music over the net for quite some time I had the pleasure to meet him in Paris last december. Sitting in some fastfood restaurant (it was the only place where we could stay longer without someone blaming us for not consuming more) I had the chance to listen to the whole album and some other upcoming projects … I loved each and every track I heard. And I don’t say this cause I consider Alex a friend and part of my extended and likeminded family. I mean it! And today in the morning my cellphone whispered something in my ear. Seems like they just arrived in someone’s postbox, “available very soon” …

Also make sure you check Kalhex (Lex, Parental and Le Makizar) debut LP “Kalhex” from 2009. A “sleeping” French Rap diamond from Paris. Great beats, great conscious lyrics … just great! ! Buy records! Support artists you like, so they can do what they seem to do best!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen